Wednesday 11 May 2011

Informal letters

You are a member of the debating team and you will be going to Johor Bharu for the finals. Write a letter to a friend who lives in Johor Bharu about your plans.

                                                                            3, Jalan Dedap 3/6
                                                                                                     47400 Petaling Jaya

                                                                                                      19 April 2009
Dear  Allia,
How are you? I am the pink of health and I hope you are well too. How was your sister’s wedding? My mum who attended the wedding said that you were one of the bridesmaids and you looked lovely. Tell me more about the wedding.
          Our school emerged champions in the Wira Debates for Selangor and the central region. We will now be taking part in the finals of the national level debates that are to be held in June in Johor Bharu. We will be there for are week beginning 11 June. We have been provided with accommodation although I would love to stay with you in your beautiful home. We will be staying at the Blue Wave Hotel. My team members and I have to stay together in the hotel for group discussions and the debate preparations. Sometimes, we may have to do this till the wee hours of the morning. But I promise I will stay two nights with you after the debate on the weekend. I would love to go to the new theme park and make a quick day trip to Singapore. I will bring my passport along.
            How were your mid-year exams? I am sure you will do well as always. As for me, I spent so much time preparing for the debate, that I had very little time for the exams. I hope to be able to catch up after the debates are all over. Although it have been exhausting  and time consuming, I must say that I have learnt so much from the research and discussions we have had. Both our teachers have been a great help and have motivated us a lit. I do hope we will win as we have come a long way from where we started.
That is all for now. Take  care and good luck with yours studies. Bye.
                                                                                  Yours sincerely,
                                              amirah
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment